Thursday, March 6, 2008

Saving Money

I recently started using The Grocery Game to help me plan my shopping and grocery list. I have already noticed a savings and I have only been using this for a month. The grocery game tracks sales and pairs them with the coupons found in the Sunday paper. You are then encouraged to only buy those things that are a 50% or more off in order to stockpile for when you really need them. She tells you how to plan your meal plan on what you have in stock and then just those few things you really need and anything else you will use later and can stockpile. The game rules say that it takes 12 weeks to create a good stockpile. If you are looking for ways to cut your monthly expenses I encourage you to try this out. You can get a trial on using this system for $1 for 4 weeks. Then it goes up to $10 every 8 weeks. Once I get a good handle on how to go about doing this - I might drop paying the money for her list and start using my own.

Another great site that I like to look at is Money Saving Mom. She will walk you through how to get a lot of stuff using coupons, rebates, and money back at Wal-greens and CVS. Again, I encourage you to check these out. I am just getting started using these systems to save money - but have enjoyed the things that I've gotten for free or 1/3 the original price.

If you know of any other really great sites on how to save money and live more frugal - please leave a link in the comments.

1 comment:

Brad and Lauren Holmes said...

Thanks Shala! I don't have another site to offer, but I am really excited about the ones that you have posted for everyone. I hope and pray you are doing well.
Love,
Lauren