Sunday, June 24, 2007

Breakfast Prayer

This morning we were running late for church- as usual. So, for breakfast I just gave the girls some dry cereal to eat and water to drink - hoping that they would atleast get something in their stomachs before church. I then left and proceeded to get dressed. Micah came running in to the bathroom and said, "Mommy, I pray with Gabriella." I said, "Good, I am glad you prayed with Gabriella." I was thinking that she had already prayed with her. But I am so thankful that she warned me that she was going to pray with her sister because it was the first time that she has actually done the praying & not just told Clay or I what to pray for. When she left the room I turned my ears on so that I could hear what interaction was taking place in the dining room. This is what I heard Micah say.

"Father, thank you eye, other eye,cheek, other cheek, mouth."

As she said that she pointed to Gabriella's body parts.

Now I must confess that there was more to her prayer . . . but I could not hear all of it & some parts I have forgotten. But nonetheless, I am so thankful to our Father that Clay and I were able to witness her first outloud prayer & even more than that - I am thankful that she knows to give God thanks for what He gives us.

As one of our friends said on their blog - please pray with your children. They are learning from you how to talk to their heavenly Father.

No comments: