Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Micah's Bible Lesson To Gabriella

This morning when Gabriella joined Micah and I in the bed as I was finishing up my Bible time - I decided it was time to put my Bible up - in fear that with the girls wrestling in the bed it would get torn up. Micah had been looking at and "reading" my Bible. So, when I told her that it was time to put Mommies Bible up - she said, "I want my Bible." She got off my bed, ran into her room, ran back into my room with her little pink Bible, and then climbed back in the bed. Micah then says to Gabriella who is crawling around on the bed, "Gabriella, I read Bible to you." Gabriella sits still across from Micah and looks at Micah reading the Bible. Micah flips through the pages of the Bible - finds a page she wants to "read" from and then "reads" the following to Gabriella:
"Paul said ... died on cross."

She then closed the Bible and they started stacking pillows with each other.

Lord Jesus, I pray that my little girls will always love to read Your Word. I pray that they would hide Your Word in their heart, and even at such a young age that they would know that we are to live accordiing to the Bible, which would bring them to an understanding of their sin & therefore their need for You as a forgiving Saviour. Lord, we cry out that our girls would find Salvation in You.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lord Jesus,
I pray my SAM sisters seek you with their childlike excitedness until that blessed day when they understand what you set before them all along. I wait expectantly for the day they are called, and when your beckoning voice calls, I pray that answer with a humble reverence and faith. Prepare the way. Convict my heart to be just one of many examples in their lives. They may not even remember me, but I want to model it for them just the same. Thank you for the worship that Clay and Shala give you in the way they raise their daughters. I praise you. You are real and evident to them. Thank you for sharing them with me. I am so glad they are not only my SAM mom and dad, but also my brother and sister, co-heirs. Teach my sisters even now so that we all might be co-heirs with Christ. Amen