Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Blessed With A Wonderful Husband

I have a wonderful husband. God has richly blessed me through him. Clay has always been wonderful with helping take care of the girls when he is not at work. He is always thinking about putting his family before other obligations and taking care of us first. But in these last few weeks he has been such a servant in a time in which I have really needed him - and he has done it without complaining.

First I must say that the first probably three months of this pregnancy he has been such a sweetheart to bring me breakfast in be as we have tried to conquer the nausea that this pregnancy brought. Which means that he would also get up with the girls and get them breakfast on most mornings.

Clay has been such servant to
- rush to the doctors office to help me with the girls when he found out that we were in the
middle of having Gabriella tested to see what was making her so sick.
- take off while Gabriella was in the hospital to help ease the burden that was put on me.
- take off from work when he found out that my mom was having surgery.
- clean the house & take care of girls while I was at the hospital during my mom's surgery.
- take care of the girls while I took my mom home from hospital.
- he then took care of the girls most of Sunday while I tried to get some rest.
- do laundry while i have been on "bed rest" these last two days.
- clean up any dishes that we have gotten dirty.
- get the girls their baths
- help get the girls in bed.

Now, it is not unusual for him to help me out around the house. But I know these last few weeks of having a sick kid, projects winding up at work, hospital stays, and a wife having contractions at 25 weeks and being put on short term 'bed rest' has been extremely hard on him. Yet he has been a trooper and I have not really heard him complain.

God has truly blessed me with wonderful, gracious, servant of a husband.

No comments: