Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Praise The Lord

I went to the O.B. today and she told me that I don't have to be on bed rest but that I can resume normal activities but not to do anything extra like working out, working in the yard, or prolonged shopping trips!

For those who don't know . . . we had a little bit of a scare. I started having contractions on Saturday when I was bringing my mom home from the hospital (of course she does not know they started then because I think it would cause her to be more stressed & cause her blood pressure to continue to rise). They slowed down when I napped that afternoon but started up as soon as I woke up from my nap. That night we started timing them while laying down and they were about 10 min apart - which was a lot slower than they had been. They went away after a few hours of laying down and then we went to sleep.

I woke up Sunday very sore but decided that we should still go to church. I took it very slow getting ready and sat most of the morning - while Clay got the girls ready. Then we went to church. I started having contractions again after walking across the parking lot and taking Micah to her class. I don't know how close together those were - but much closer than ten minutes - seems as if they were right on top of each other. We got home and Clay fixed lunch and took care of the girls while I laid down. When I was still having contractions about every ten min at around 3 we called the nurse hot line and she called the doctor on call. I was then told to report to Labor & Delivery. We spent several hours there in a labor room monitoring my contractions and the baby's heart beat. After getting some rest their they sent me home to rest for 2 days with only doing what was absolutely necessary and not being on my feet for more than 20 -30 min at a time.

So, today the doctor checked to make sure I have not dilated - which I have not. She then told me to resume normal activity and to let her know if the pain of contractions gets a lot worse or if I have any other signs of going into labor. She said the contractions were probably a result of all the stress we have had and that it is not abnormal for me to start having contractions this early with my third pregnancy. I just hope they don't continue like I've had them because my stomach and back has stayed pretty sore over the last few days. But I guess only time can tell. The baby's heart also sounds great and I am measuring right on the 25th week. So things are looking good!

Thank you to those of you have been praying for this situation - as well as for Gabriella and my mom.

No comments: