Friday, April 25, 2008

A Two Year Olds Mind

A few days ago I was going to let the girls go swimming in their little pool.

Me: "Gabriella, go get your bathing suit."
G: "Okay!"
From her room I hear rattling and her grunting. She runs back into the kitchen where I am.
Me: "Gabriella, where's your bathing suit?"
G: "The drawer is not sharing with me!"

I call Jeremiah "little bub" and a lot of times when he cries Gabriella will scream out to him, "I'm coming little bub." Well yesterday she was climbing on her bed and hit on bottom on the wood railing and she started crying. I asked her what hurt and she said, "my bub." I asked, "your bottom (she was rubbing her bottom)." She responded, "No - my bub." I asked her, "Your butt (figuring she'd heard Clay or I call it that)." She said "Yeah - my bub."

Apparently she thinks I am calling Jeremiah "little butt."

Then today I was changing Jeremiah's diaper and Gabriella is rolling around on the bed where he's getting changed. She looks at him and says, "Whats that? What's that? (pointing towards his penis.) I tell her, "That is his penis."
Gabriella: "Peanuts?"
Me: "Penis."
Gabriella: "Peanuts!"

Well, she might be a little confused next time we ask her if she wants to eat peanuts!

1 comment:

Brad and Lauren Holmes said...

I laughed so hard when I read your story! Thank you for sharing it with us, Shala. And congratulations on having THREE beautiful children! :)
Lauren