Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mommy is Proud

At lunch today Gabriella was being a toot and refusing to eat by herself. After throwing a bit of a fit, she said 'yucky poo-poo. I potty.' I checked her diaper and it was wet - but not dirty. I debated taking her to the potty because I thought she was trying to get out of eating. But at the same time, I really want to encourage any interest she has in using the potty because I want her to get potty trained soon so that when baby comes I will only have one in diapers, and the sooner she gets going potty down - the less likely she will have a backslide as she gets adjusted to baby. So, I went ahead and took her. Of course, as soon as I set her on the potty the phone rang. Micah ran and grabbed a book for Gabriella. Gabriella sat on the potty looking at it - and she peed! This was like the 3rd time she has managed to pee on the potty. She kept sitting there while she was looking at her book, and then she pooped! This is the second time for her to poop on the potty - but the first time for her to do both during one sitting - and with her asking to get on the potty. So, of course we were going to do the poo-poo dance after she finished. Micah had to jump on the potty and go pee - so that we could also celebrate her accomplishments. We did our potty song and dance in the hall. Then it was time to battle out eating at the table. But even though a battle followed - I am so excited that she is taking more and more of an interest in going potty. I hope that she will learn quickly and be done with it. They just woke up for nap, so I need to go get them both up and I guess put panties on both of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy Kids!! I am getting tired of resting, and I remembered your page so I thought I would stop... Hi Clay, Shala and babies!! Matt and Mahayla say hi too. We hope ya'll are doing good!!

Jesus loves you
Lucy, Matt and Mahayla

Shala said...

Congratulations Lucy on your baby! I need to get in touch with you. I will be looking for your info - but not sure if I still have it. If you get a chance - give me a call. I would love to hear how you and Matt are adjusting to your new baby girl!